TLDR: WebinarJam is the best webinar software platform. Their parent company Genesis Digital launched the platform in 2013 and took the world by storm. Ever since then, they have been continuously innovating and improving their product.
Webinars are one of the most cost effective ways of reaching and engaging a large audience online.
It all seems to work well in theory until we actually start the webinar or hit the record button. From randomly getting kicked off a meeting to attendees not being able to join – there are so many things that can go wrong when running a webinar.
It’s important to find a platform that gets it right so that you can focus on organising and delivering your presentation instead of worrying whether or not your audio will cut off.
To make things easier, I have tested, reviewed and ranked 21 different tools and curated a list of the best webinar software.
What do we look at when assessing webinar software?
When assessing webinar software, I usually take a look at these metrics:
- Quality of audio
- Waiting room experience
- Number of viewers
- Number of presenters
- Ease of downloading software for viewer
- Ease of setup for presenter
- Marketing features
What I’ve found is that different webinar software platforms will work better for specific users.
I’ve categorised some of my picks based on how relevant it is for a certain user. This should make it easier for you to decide on the solution.
What is the best webinar software?
The best webinar software should be easy to use for both the presenter and the viewer. You should be able to record, share and follow up with prospects without any difficulty.
Excellent webinar tools should be able to deliver both high quality audio and video. This allows you to use recordings to automate your sales process.
You can engage potential leads with product demos, live training, seminars and more. The better your recorded material, the better the conversion rate.
The top video conferencing tools will also have functionality such as polls, built-in surveys, live-chat features, live streaming, email marketing integrations and automated sequencing.
Here are my top picks for the best webinar software in 2021.
1. WebinarJam – Best Overall Webinar Platform
If you are looking for the best webinar platform that is currently available you should consider WebinarJam.
It’s the perfect solution for hosting webinars in an automated fashion to a large audience.
WebinarJam is a very beginner friendly and you don’t need much technical knowledge to set up a webinar on this platform.
One of the great things is it’s integrations – it allows you to stream directly onto YouTube. You can also password protect meetings.
WebinarJam some unique advantages over the other platforms I have tested, namely:
- Advanced Live Chat – allows 1:1 video communication between a single participant
- Webinar Pop Ups – enables advertisement pop ups during the webinar so customers can buy your product or service directly without leaving the webinar
WebinarJam is compatible with almost all browsers and devices by using the latest web technologies – specifically Flash, HLS, RTMP, WebRTC (to name a few).
They also utilise their own proprietary Broadcast Distribution Technology. This creates a universal signal that makes webinars accessible with low latency anywhere across the globe.
WebinarJam’s dashboard is very user friendly and allows multiple presenters out of the box. Their customer interface is also easy to use and HD video is automatically built in.
You won’t have to worry about pressing the record button when launching a webinar since WebinarJam does this automatically. It’s a small but very nice and helpful feature.
If you do get confused, WebinarJam provides a library of training videos to help every step of the way.
- Fantastic customer support and service
- Automatically records webinar
- Integrates with major social media channels
- Email and message auto responder
- Can handle multiple attendees easily
- Compatible across all major operating systems and browsers
- Quick and smooth setup – takes no longer than a minute
- Advertisement pop ups on webinar
- Incorporate polls and surveys
- User-friendly dashboard and interface
- Library of tutorial videos
- Panic Button on Professional + Enterprise plans
- Basic Plan: $499 / year ($41.58/month). 24/7 support with up to 2 presenters and unlimited webinars.
- Professional Plan: $699/year ($58.25/month). Similar features as the Basic Plan but with 4 presenters and 2000 instead of 500 attendees. The Panic Button feature allows you to transfer all attendees and yourself to a new room in case there are any technical issues. I’ve found this to be an absolute lifesaver.
- Premium Plan: $999/year ($83.25/month). Choose this if you are using webinars heavily in your digital marketing. 5000 maximum attendees with 6 presenters and control center – which allows your staff to moderate messages and comments so you can focus on the presentation.
With a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, excellent support and a user friendly interface. WebinarJam is my #1 pick for this year. You just can’t go wrong with it.
2. EasyWebinar – Best for Social Channels
EasyWebinar is the all-in-one solution for both live and automated webinars.
EasyWebinar is the only platform that has managed to seamlessly integrate webinar technology with marketing strategy.
This is apparent in their testimonial section where they talk about how bodybuilder Kim Constable managed to generate $750K in revenue in the past 18 months from EasyWebinar alone.
Their software also integrates with live social video channels such as Facebook and Youtube – so you can easily reach other audiences that other software may have missed.
- In-built suite of analytics
- 100 attendees on its basic plan
- Unlimited live viewers on social video platforms such as Facebook and Youtube
- Direct integration with marketing tools such as GetResponse and Mailchimp
- Plug and play WordPress integration
- Mobile app available
- Screen sharing
- HD Video
- Interactive live chat
- Standard Plan: $936 / year ($78 / month).100 live attendees with unlimited automated webinars.
- Pro Plan: $1,548/year ($129/month). Up to 500 live attendees and custom fields on the registration page.
- Enterprise Plan: $5,988 / year ($499 / month). Up to 2000 live attendees with a dedicated account manager on hand for any issues.
This is the best solution if you have an audience that lives on social media platforms such as YouTube.
They have a unique feature that allows you to broadcast your webinar to unlimited people on social platforms.
3. Demio – Best Webinar Software Built for Marketing Teams
Demio is another fantastic webinar software platform. When it comes to visual aesthetics, you can’t go wrong with Demio.
It delivers real-time HD-streaming and you can easily record your webinar onto the cloud automatically, similar to Webinar Jam.
Demio has public and private chat modes and allow you to bring attendees onto the stage by giving them webcam/microphone permissions.
So if you are looking for something interactive, you should definitely consider Demio.
It offers integrations with standard marketing tools such as MailChimp as well.
Their pricing plans all come with storage for 100 recordings, a robust suite of analytics, 24/7 chat and email support, unlimited webinars, advanced setup and many more.
- Extensive automation with common tools
- Built-in analytics
- Customised branding with logo on webinar room
- Wide variety of customisation options for user
- Auto recording and uploading of webinars onto the cloud
- Can be integrated into almost any marketing tool
- No software downloads for attendees or hosts needed
- Public and private chat modes
Demio allows you to test all the features of its platform through a 14-day free trial. These are their prices:
- Starter Plan: $408 / year ($34/month). 24/7 support with 1 host for a 50-person webinar room.
- Growth Plan: $828/year ($69/month). Same features as starter plan but with a maximum limit of 150 attendees. This package includes added branding onto your logo as well as custom form fields.
- Business Plan: $1956/year ($163/month). With this package you get a dedicated account rep and a maximum of 500 attendees in your room.
If you are looking for a solution where you or you users do not need to download any software. Look no further than Demio. Attendees can join at a 25x faster rate because of this feature.
All your users can simply join from whatever browser they are using.
4. LiveWebinar – Best Customizations
LiveWebinar is a cloud-based communication platform for individuals and business who are looking for an innovative webinar software.
With no downloads or plugins required, and a platform works on all browsers and devices, LiveWebinar gives users the freedom to conduct their webinars where and when they want.
Their solution offers over 50 features, including polls and tests, whiteboards, breakout rooms, screen sharing, live broadcast to social media and more, allowing for the creation of highly engaging webinars.
LiveWebinar was built with security in mind, and adheres to the highest security standards, providing a fully encrypted and data protected service.
API integration is included, allowing the user to incorporate LiveWebinar with their daily tools. Marketing automation and integrations are useful for building up email marketing lists, and detailed statistics and reports are available after the user finishes their webinar.
- High level of security and data privacy
- User can also control room security by setting up room passwords or tokens
- Waiting rooms for participants
- Double encryption gives full meeting security
- Full customization available in the white label plan
- Ease of use, works on all browsers and devices
- No downloads or installation necessary
- In-depth reports available
- Possibility to establish permanent rooms or hold an instant meeting
- Plenty of integration options available, such as Mailchimp, HeySummit, Integromat, Zapier and all other mailing platforms
- REST API and webhook integrations are also available
LiveWebinar has a free 14-day trial and offers 4 different tiers:
- Free Plan: Up to 2 hours of record and screen sharing included, but only 5 attendees
- Pro: From $14.99/month. With this plan you have an extra 100 participants to share your webinar with.
- Business: From $119.00/month. This boosts the number to 500 maximum and you also get full HD recordings.
- Custom: Variable price depending on the number of participants with a 1000 maximum cap.
With purchase of a yearly subscription a 20% off per month discount will be applied to the complete payment. A White Label offer is also available.
5. WebinarNinja – Best Platform for High-End Coaches
WebinarNinja is trusted by big names such as Printful, AppSumo, BFinance and Baremetrics.
WebinarNinja is known as one of the easiest tools to use – I was able to create a webinar in 10 seconds flat.
They also feature email thank you templates and sign up pages to speed up the effort of your marketing.
There are four different types of webinars you can create with the tool:
- Live – allows you to interact directly with your audience
- Automated webinars – pre-recorded webinars that run at a specific time
- Hybrid – a combination of both live and automated
- Summits – a selection of webinars
- Extremely fast out of the box – can create a webinar in 10 seconds
- Lighting fast live chat
- Integration with thousands of apps via Zapier
- Sophisticated analytics dashboard
- Data export functionality
- Custom built, high-converting registration landing pages
- Pop up ad offers at scheduled times in webinar
- Drip campaigns and email automation
- Instant screen sharing
- Ability to run multiple polls at any point (before, during and after) a webinar
With a 20% off on annual package as well as a 14 day free trial. You can easily test out WebinarNinja’s features before buying. There are four plans:
- Starter Plan: $468 / year ($39/month). 100 attendees and unlimited webinars.
- Pro Plan: $948/year ($79/month). 300 attendees and extra webinar formats such as webinar series and summits. Facebook Ad tracking allows you to monitor engagement easily.
- Plus Plan: $1,548/year ($129/month). 500 attendees with everything in Pro Plan but extra Hybrid webinar format as well.
- Power Plan: $2,388/year ($199/month). 1,000 attendees with all features on previous plans included.
If you are looking at hosting webinars on Facebook then you should consider WebinarNinja. Few webinar platforms come close to WebinarNinja’s functionality on social media hosting.
6. GoToWebinar – Best for Large Organizations and Enterprises
Personally, I think GoToWebinar is one of the easiest platforms that I have tried. It erases the headache and hassle from webinars.
I was able to host a webinar by simply selecting the date and time.
You can just focus on reaching more people and growing your business instead of worrying about the confusion and clutter caused by organising a webinar.
They have a range of tools that make the process much easier.
Flexible scheduling allows you to shift the date and format with the click of a button.
They have a dashboard that allows you to moderate and manage the event with a birds-eye view.
A few of GoToWebinar’s impressive features are – customised webinar invitations, automated email handling, pre-build high converting landing pages.
You can easily promote your event then drive massive traffic.
Other features include automated webinar recordings, polls and surveys and much more.
- Integration with GoToMeeting
- Automated webinar recording
- HD video quality
- Deep analytics
- Frictionless integration with tools such as Salesforce, Zapier and Unbounce
- Lead generation tracking (to see which marketing channel lead to the most webinar signups)
- 24/7 customer support
- Lite: $588 / year ($49/month). 100 attendees.
- Standard: $1,188/year ($99/month). 250 attendees.
- Pro: $2,388/year ($199/month). 500 attendees.
- Enterprise: $4,788/year ($399/month). 3,000 attendees.
Every membership comes with a 14-day free trial so you can easily test and see if it’s the right for you before purchasing.
GoToWebinar is a tried and tested platform – there are over 2.7 million webinars hosted on it each year.
With 50,000 customers and 73% of them saying that GoToWebinar is the most effective way for generating high quality leads, it’s definitely worth checking them out.
7. LiveStorm – Best for Product Demos and Live Training
LiveStorm is a cross platform webinar hosting tool easily accessible on any device – PCs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
The tool works on any browser without any restrictions.
One of the features that differentiates LiveStorm from the other tools I have tested is that they actually have a free tier.
You can host 20 minute webinars with 10 attendees on their free plan.
You can easily run automated, on-demand or live webinars with LiveStorm.
I’ve found that their live webinars are particularly good for product demos and customer training.
Their automated and on-demand webinars work very well for video podcast interviews, employee onboarding and online courses.
Another great feature is that they stress the importance of data security. The platform is 100% GDPR compliant.
If you are advertising and collecting information from EU citizens, you do not need to worry about compliance issues.
Another strong part of their offering is their email automation and logistics suite. They allow you to semi-personalise each email increasing your conversion rate.
Finally, it is very easy for attendees to join the webinar – they simply join with the click of a button.
No registration. No need to create a specific account. No need to download any software.
- Unlimited storage space for webinars
- Integration with more than a 1,000 apps (including Zapier and Mail Chimp)
- In-webinar CTAs to boost conversion rates for products or services
- Detailed analytics regarding audience engagement, lead sourcing, participation rates and replay count
- Freemium plan with essential features
- One-click invitation
- Screen sharing
- Embedded registration forms
- Multi-language 24/7 chat support
- Automated webinar sequences
- Great for product demos and 1:1 meetings for lead qualification / due-diligence
- Interactive chat features – polls, questions for better customer experience
- Library of webinar themes and templates
- Easy set up
LivesStorm has five different pricing plans:
- Meet Basic: Free. 4 attendees. Maximum of 20 minutes.
- Webinar Basic: Free. 10 attendees. Maximum of 20 minutes.
- Meet Premium: $372/year ($31/month). 12 attendees. Maximum of 4 hours per meeting.
- Webinar Premium: $1,188/year ($99/month). 100 attendees. Maximum of 4 hours per meeting.
- Enterprise: For this plan you will need to contact a sales representative. This plan provides extra features such as dedicated CSM, priority support, SSO as well as premium training for the platform.
LiveStorm is a great solution if you have a small audience or are looking to create very short webinars. Compared to other tools, their pricing is towards the lower end so if you are budget constrained definitely consider this tool.
8. ClickMeeting – Best For Small Medium Sized Businesses
ClickMeeting is one of the most intuitive webinar software tools that I have come across. They have an impressive interface that is also user friendly.
ClickMeeting makes it easy to reach out to customers for product marketing and sales purposes.
They can also assist you in educating your customers about the specifics of your product or service.
ClickMeeting is an intuitive platform that is well-integrated with extra features such as customised invites and automated webinars.
The platform is best suited for small and medium sized businesses as they provide clear instructions for setting up and running events. No need to worry about technical glitches.
They also offer analytical insights regarding the audiences in upcoming as well as previous webinars.
- Multiple presenters in HD video quality
- Record video and audio simultaneously
- No limit on webinar length (longest was 9 hours)
- 30 day free trial
- Cloud storage
- Connection with Facebook and YouTube for extra engagement
- Polls and surveys for feedback
- Facebook pixel integration
- Interactive sessions and chat options
ClickMeeting has a unique pricing model that differentiates it from the other webinar software solutions I have seen.
They allow you to select the number of attendees and adjust the price accordingly.
So if you have an audience size in mind you don’t need to overpay. There are 4 different tiers:
They have a 30-day free trial that allows you to test custom features.
9. EverWebinar – Excellent Automation Features
EverWebinar prides itself on its automation features (which are a cut above the rest).
It’s been touted as the “most powerful automated webinar platform”.
It is built with direct integration to its parent company WebinarJam.
EverWebinar use a novel concept called “Just-In-Time” webinars which allow attendees to sign up and consume content right away. This minimises the drop off from registrants to attendees.
It’s key feature is the fully automated customer activity-based email connection. This keeps customers in the loop and increases conversion rate.
You don’t need to worry about recording webinars as it does this automatically and pushes it to the cloud.
- Real time performance statistics on your webinar
- Fake audience count (to make it seem webinar is bigger than it actually is)
- Convert past live events into evergreen events
- Free hosting and storage of webinars
- Time-zone autodetection
- Sophisticated scheduling to block out unavailable dates
- Just in-time webinars for increased attendance
- Email autoresponder sequences
EverWebinar only has one core offering but 3 different ways to pay:
- 3 installments of $199/year
- 1 installment of $499/year
- 1 installment of $799/ 2 years ($399 / year)
You can start a 14-day free trial of EverWebinar here for just $1.
10. BigMarker – Best Interactive Software for Summits and Virtual Conferences
BigMarker is said to be the best browser-based, no-download webinar software. They are trusted by big brands such as Google, Nielsen, McDonalds, Panasonic, PwC and SoFi.
What differentiates them from the pack is their live streaming.
You can host over 10,000 people at once.
You can also create an interactive experience through features such as live Q&As, handouts and polls.
There are no limits on the number of presenters so anyone can hop in and out to join the discussion.
With a strong suite of marketing and integration tools, they are a great 1-stop solution. They have helpful reminders, registration landing pages as well as custom email invites.
BigMarker can also easily integrate with your CRM systems and drive prospects through your pipeline, nurture them to become leads and eventually paying customers.
It is very easy to set up on BigMarker – they have a slick user interface. Their solution works across all browsers and devices (PCs, laptops, desktops, tablets, mobile devices) since they are cloud based.
Integrating third party apps such as Marketo, Calendly and MailChimp is also very easy.
Furthermore, they have integrations with payment gateways such as Stripe. This way you don’t need to change your marketing channel and can manage transactions easily.
Their key selling point is their white-label offering.
Custom webinars can be directly embedded in your website without any coding knowledge whatsoever.
This way you increase your conversion rate by embedding the video directly onto a sales page.
Because these all live on your domain, you will own the end-to-end experience.
- Integration with software such as Hubspot, Zapier, Salesforce ect.
- HD Video
- Screen Sharing
- One-click meetings
- Q&A sessions
- Chats, polls and handouts
- White label seminar rooms
- 15 different landing page templates and builders
- Compatible with 140+ different currencies
- Industry standard SSL and HTTPS encryption
- 7 day trial period
- Facebook and YouTube Live Integration
BigMarker offers 4 different price points for its webinar packages:
- Starter: $948/year ($79/month). 100 attendees and 1 host license.
- Elite: $1,908/year ($159/month). 500 attendees and 2 host licenses.
- Premier: $3,588/year ($299/month). 1,000 attendees and 4 host licenses.
- White Label: Custom pricing. No cap on number of attendees but price may vary.
Each of the offerings has a variety of features such as 10,000 emails per day, API Access as well as a custom URL, contact management ect.
BigMarker is a great solution for those who have a budget and a large audience who they want to market to. They have been trusted by many major brands. So even if they are slightly pricey you will be getting your money’s worth.
11. GetResponse – Best for Easy Email Marketing Integrations
GetResponse is different from the other solutions on this list.
GetResponse is first an email marketing platform and second a webinar marketing solution.
This makes GetResponse the best solution for those who heavily rely on email marketing.
I was able to set up a webinar in around 3 minutes. They have thrown in useful tools such as autoresponders, landing pages, list segmentation and automated email marketing.
The email integrations and tools are second to none. I’m really happy with the fact that email lists and webinars come under one roof.
For example, you can easily send follow-up messages straight away after the webinar. Moreover, you can also send reminders and thank you messages.
- Unlimited landing pages and automation templates
- Email marketing
- Sales funnels
- One click webinar recording
- One click sharing
- Analytics dashboard
- Webinar invitations with details pre-filled
- Chat support
Similar to other solutions, GetResponse has 4 different pricing tiers:
- Basic: $126/year ($10.50/month). Looks attractive but they don’t offer webinars at this price point.
- Plus: $411/year ($34.30/month). Offer webinars at this price point as well as multiple sales funnels.
- Professional: $832/year ($69.30/month). Everything on the plus model but also has paid webinars.
- Max: Custom pricing. You would need to contact them for a quote. But you have dedicated support, IP address as well as transactional emails.
One thing I have found is that their pricing structure is slightly complicated and exponentially increases with list size.
12. Adobe Connect – Best for Large Marketing Organizations and Agencies
Adobe in my opinion has some of the best office products.
So I wasn’t surprised to see that they had a web conferencing software that would be perfect for larger sized organizations and agencies.
Adobe Connect has excellent security features so every meeting is safe, secure, and will not be compromised by hackers.
If you want the best in security and privacy when it comes to your meetings, Adobe Connect does a good job of providing that for you.
You can customize your meeting rooms so you can determine how many people can join.
You can also personalize it, and design the layout the way you want it so it fits with your brand.
Adobe Connect provides you with a list of statistics so you can tell who is engaged and who is actually not paying attention when you’re in a meeting and you are talking about important business.
The engagement feature will definitely come in handy for those who run virtual classrooms. You can set up quizzes, polls, simulations and so much more.
This is what I’d like to call one of the Swiss Army Knives of online communication.
- Includes a built-in multi-layered security approach
- Allows you to set up quizzes, polls, pods, games, and much more
- Provides you with customizable meeting rooms that you can set up the way you want
- Includes backstage and prepare modes so you can communicate with your meeting hosts while a live session is ongoing
- Create meeting rooms that you can use over and over again for as long as you use the software
Adobe Connect has three pricing tiers:
Adobe Connect Meetings: $540/years ($50/month). The perfect option if you run a business and want to hold regular meetings with your staff whether you are at one end of the office or not.
Adobe Connect Webinars: $1250/year ($130/month). Webinars will be easy to set up and broadcast. This also includes everything you will get from the Meetings package.
Adobe Connect Learning: $3500/years ($370/month). The ultimate package that includes everything in the Meetings package. Great for online classrooms and real-time lessons while your students watch from home.
Adobe Connect is one of the best options if you are looking for easy customization, the ability to hold meetings with as many people as possible, and engagement monitoring for those attending your meeting, webinar, or virtual classroom.
13. Jet Webinar – Best for Low Latency
Jet Webinar really lives up to its name. It’s super fast.
Like the Adobe Connect, Jet Webinar has the ability to host webinars and meetings with a large number of people.
The software works well for companies of any size. You can broadcast your webinars and live videos in real-time with those in attendance.
Viewers of your webinar or live stream will not have to download any additional software in order to join in on the meeting.
That’s a huge plus when you want people to make it to your meeting or class in time rather than wait a few minutes for a download to complete.
Jetwebinar comes with three different programs that you can use to your advantage. They include JetStream, JetCast, and JetCall.
What impressed me with JetCast was the ability to air your webinar at every hour and every time zone.
Not to mention, you can allow the webinar to be replayed as if it were live.
You could be in New York whereas another viewer could be 12 hours ahead in Japan and can watch your real-time stream.
Your viewers can access your webinar or live stream just about anywhere on their web browser.
- Handles large capacity meetings of up to 2000 attendees
- Blazing fast speeds
- Includes JetStream, JetCast, and JetCall
- Send emails to your attendees who might have missed or abandoned your meeting
- Drag and Drop page builder included for signups
- Fully customizable webinar pages
- Air your webinars live or make it available on demand
- Protected registration
Like the Adobe Connect, this also has three-tiered pricing:
Silver Plan: $63/month (annually) or $79/month (Monthly). Good for those small scale meetings that you can host up to 100 people with.
Gold Plan: $157/month (annually) or $197/month (monthly). Has all the features you need including the ability to host 500 people.
Platinum Plan: $397/month (annually) or $497/monthly (monthly). This will give you the maximum amount of 2000 visitors. Which is fitting for online conferences and classrooms.
Jet Webinar is fast, reliable, and packed with plenty of great features. You can keep track of as many attendees as possible. Plus, you can leverage some powerful features like email to help remind those who signed up to join in at the scheduled time.
This is great for large agencies, classrooms and conference hosts.
14. On24 – Best Customer Support
If there is one thing that really makes On24 stand out, it’s their customer support.
They are knowledgeable and quick to solve whatever issues you might have be it technical or otherwise.
You are able to broadcast your webinars and also watch your engagement statistics so you know who is taking part and who is keeping quiet.
On24 makes it very easy to see the numbers when you are doing a webinar.
The analytics dashboard allows you to pinpoint exactly where the attendees drop off and which ones stay on for more engaging content.
Sometimes webinars can be boring.
Luckily, On24 has an engagement monitoring feature that shows how you can improve the quality of your webinars.
Plus, it recommends creative ways to boost your conversion rates.
What is also impressive is that it’s the go-to webinar software for large corporations like Microsoft.
This platform will give you data-rich info and allow you to automate workflows with ease.
- Allows for webinar access for your users without additional software
- Includes analytics for data collection and reading
- Social media integration
- Integration with various software
- Polls and surveys feature
- Measure engagements so you know who’s paying attention and who isn’t
- Live chat feature for real-time communication
- Recording feature for broadcast reruns of your webinar
Normally, a software website would be able to reveal its prices for both monthly and annual billing. The problem is, I wasn’t able to find it anywhere online. Even the review sites didn’t display it.
The only way you’ll need to find out is to contact them. Just because there is no price displayed, doesn’t mean it’s free. Likewise, it doesn’t mean the price will be cheap either.
This is usually the case if the software itself is expensive. Hiding the price is best used if and when a software company is worried about driving away potential customers because of a price that seems too high.
On24 is a really solid webinar program for the entrepreneur that is looking to broadcast high-quality webinars while monitoring their engagement stats.
They have plenty of great features that you can use. I would go so far as to contact them about the price so you can determine if it fits your budget.
15. WebinarsOnAir – Best Budget Solution
If you are looking for what could be the best budget option, WebinarsOnAir is what I highly recommend.
You can also set up one-click offers to convert your viewers into paying customers.
Just send those who want your product or service where they need to go and they can purchase it in just seconds.
This is a good way to boost traffic to your website.
If there is one thing that can generate revenue and even improve your rankings on Google, it’s the amount of unique traffic that visits your site regularly.
- Paid feature so viewers can pay you to watch the webinar
- Recording feature for reruns and automation
- Includes interactive options for better engagement
- One-click offers for better sales and conversions
- Includes CTAs that can lead your viewers to your website
- End of webinar re-direct
- Social media integration
- Customizable templates
- Private labeling and customization for your brand
- Share your desktop with viewers
WebinarsOnAir follows a three-tier pricing model. Their packages are as follows:
Basic: $19.97/month. Includes the full features and the ability to allow up to 25 attendees per webinar. Great for a business that’s starting out.
Professional: $59.97/month. With unlimited webinars up to 100 in attendance, it’s a great option when you want to increase more sales with your team.
Premium: $99.97/month. You can get unlimited visitors on your webinar and all the full features for just south of $100 per month. Worth the investment if you are looking for a premium package that will be great for making max sales every time you go online.
WebinarsOnAir has a ton of great features. And it comes at a reasonable price.
It’s easy to use, not so technical, and can definitely help out the newbies of internet marketing and other online business owners.
It’s got plenty of abilities to automate your webinar such as sending out emails and redirecting you to a new page after the webinar is complete.
WebinairsOnAir would be the best option if you are considering the idea of hosting paid private webinars.
What I noticed about LiveStream is that it has Vimeo compatibility. So if you want to upload your webinars and live feeds to the site afterward you can.
This is a pretty solid program that will be perfect for any live stream or webinar that you host for your attendees.
You can also use LiveStream as a way to build your subscription channel on Vimeo.
That’s right, there are people who have their own paid private channel on the site.
That will come in handy if you are using it to build a membership site (so long as you produce content regularly).
Not only can you stream this on Vimeo, but you can do this across some of the other platforms as well. Whether you do Twitch streams, YouTube lives, or Periscope on Twitter you have your bases covered.
Livestreams reach on multiple social platforms sets them apart from other competitors.
- Includes a cloud platform where you can store your videos in cloud-based storage
- Broadcast your live stream or webinar across multiple platforms
- Create on-demand or paid subscription content on Vimeo or wherever you can put together a private paid channel
- Add graphics to your live productions so you can add a more personal touch to your brand
- Live polls, Q&A, and audience chat
- Auto-archiving of past videos
- Geoblocking and IP restrictions available
- Private link sharing
- Password protection
- Streaming analytics
There are three different packages available. However, only one of them has a price:
Vimeo Premium: $75/month (annually). This is the only priced package that we could find on LiveStreams pricing page. This is perfect if you want to put together regular live streams and archive them for subscribers to watch on-demand.
Enterprise: No price was shown here. You would need to request a demo before you are able to know what it is. But it’s the kind of package deal that will work well with larger businesses for webinars and conferences.
Vimeo OTT: Also a package with no price displayed. Like Enterprise, you will need to request a demo in order to find out. This is useful if you are planning on putting together a subscription channel and plan on creating consistent video content.
LiveStream is without a doubt one of the best for live streams and webinars. The ability to simulcast and control your subscriptions for your personal brand is nothing short of impressive.
You can utilize this platform to monetize your channel and earn a little extra thanks to subscriptions.
You can use just good old fashioned Vimeo premium or you can use the Enterprise setting if you are looking to hold multiple business meetings over the course of the year. Either way, you have a package that is fit for your personal needs and preferences.
At this point, a lot of people have heard of Zoom.
It is one of the most common ways to hold meetings.
It’s also been a staple for one-on-one or multiple meetings among masterminds, business partners, clients, and more. You can hold meetings on both a desktop or mobile device.
It’s also been useful in virtual classrooms.
If you are a teacher looking for an easy to use platform that will allow you to deliver your lessons in real-time, look no further than Zoom.
You can host live streams, webinars, conference rooms, video calls, and much more.
Plus, your meetings can have as many as 1,000 people on the same call and 10,000 viewers watching it.
It’s never been easier or convenient to put a simple meeting together using Zoom. If you want speed, reliability, and ease of use on one platform look no further.
Zoom is used across many industries for various purposes.
We live in an age where telemedicine is growing in popularity, events you normally attend in person go virtual, and business meetings can take place anytime, anywhere no matter where the attendees are.
Zoom is powerful, simple to use, and overall fantastic. Most people love it, but some won’t share the same sentiment.
Zoom will probably be one of the live streaming platforms that will exist for many years to come.
- Simultaneous screen share
- Scheduling with Chrome extension
- Group messaging
- SSL and AES 256-bit encryption
- MP4 recording
- Cloud storage
- Host up to 1000 people in a single meeting
- 10,000 person viewer capacity
- Vanity URL included
There are four pricing tiers to choose from:
Basic: Free of charge. This will be used for regular webinars and video calls. You can host a small meeting or webinar of up to 100 participants.
Pro: $14.99/month. Includes all basic features plus the ability to record your calls and webinars and convert them into an MP4 format among other additional features.
Business: $19.99/month. Includes all of the pro features. You’ll also receive some cool upgrades such as a vanity URL so you can make your brand stand out even more. You can also send out custom emails if you are planning to host any live streams or webinars in the future.
Enterprise: $19.99/month. Allows up to 1,000 participants at a time. Great for virtual corporate-wide meetings.
Zoom continues to rise in popularity for so many reasons. It’s easy to use, fast, and reliable. Plus, a lot of people have relied on it in times when physical conferences and meetings can’t be done. Why cancel something when you can make it virtual?
Zoom puts the convenience of a virtual call or meeting all in your hands. You are able to put a small meeting together or use it to keep in touch with your clients.
Either way, you have a software that is packed with some pretty cool features, even if you opt for the free basic package.
AnyMeeting is one of the best options available if you want ease of use. Especially if you have never used webinars or live streaming software before.
The last thing you want to do starting out is spend hours figuring out what goes where, what button does this, and so on.
Simply put, you can put together a webinar or a video call with multiple attendees and put together some simple tools as a way to boost engagement.
You can poll the audience, hold a Q&A session, and cover as many bases as you can during your next business meeting.
This is also great when you are new to selling products and services online.
Webinars are no doubt effective for that.
Plus, since you’ll be able to measure the analytics, you’ll be able to tell what parts of your funnel are working and which ones will need improvement.
AnyMeeting is rich with features and will definitely be the go-to option even for the complete newbie.
The number of features included is not overwhelming. But you have more than enough tools to rely on during your webinars and meetings.
This is also another budget option if you are not satisfied with some of the other webinar software that we have listed this far. Besides, you have money to invest in other things.
Why throw a lot of it away on a software that may be missing something you want?
- HD video broadcasting
- Cloud recording
- Domestic and international dial-in numbers
- Custom reminder and invitation emails
- Analytics and stats for your webinar
- Audience waiting room
- Presenters’ green room
- Custom branding
- Host and admin controls
- Host up to 1000 attendees
- Screen sharing in one-click
- Real-time polling
- Live Q&A
Despite not finding any pricing on the website, AnyMeeting is offering free premium video conferencing and webinars until 2021.
This is a good time to get in on the action before you need to pay full price for it.
As for the price, unfortunately you’ll need to inquire about it. This could mean that the price may be out of your budget range. But it never hurts to find out for sure if the software is affordable for you or not.
This simple to use webinar and video conferencing platform has plenty of features and will definitely give you a leg up in your presentations.
Whether it’s your first presentation or one of many, AnyMeeting has all the features you need and then some.
You are able to collect audience data in real-time so you can make business decisions while you’re in a meeting. Or, you can ask simple “yes” or “no” questions to potential clients or customers who are dying to buy something from you after the webinar.
AnyMeeting will no doubt have a place at the table among business owners who want webinar software that doesn’t give you all those complex bells and whistles.
It’s reliable, fast, and provides you with everything you need before, during, and after the webinar or video call.
Webex is a must-have for anyone who holds a high regard for security.
If I wanted to hold webinars or virtual meetings, I want to make sure my bases are covered when it comes to keeping safe.
If you are looking for a simple way to do video conferencing and webinars, you’ll probably enjoy putting this to good use.
Webex provides you with fast, simple, and seamless face to face video conferencing so you can interact with your employees, co-workers and clients.
If you work from home or run a business, Webex will be a great way to hold meetings no matter how frequent they are.
Plus, you won’t have to waste time figuring out how it all works. Everything is easy to use to provide you with a user experience that is second to none.
- Have timed or unlimited meetings
- Host up to 200 participants
- Join the call via your favorite VOIP program
- TLS 1.2 support
- Accessible on desktop and mobile devices
- HD video meetings
- Cloud storage
- Call-in audio
- Up to 10GB of cloud storage
- Private domain claim
- Analytics and troubleshooting
There are four pricing tiers:
Basic: Free. What makes me very happy about this package is that you get plenty of features for the grand total of zero bucks. HD video, the ability to join via programs like Google Voice, and an unlimited number of meetings? Where do I sign up?!
Starter: $13.50/month (annually) or $14.95/month (monthly). Basic features included plus 5GBs of Cloud storage, calendar integration, and more.
Plus: $17.95/month (annually) or $19.95/month (monthly). Includes most of the features in both the basic and starter packages. One of the more notable features is that you can let others on your team schedule future meetings if and when necessary.
Business: $26.95/month (annually) or $29.95/month (monthly). Includes 10GB of cloud storage, the ability to leverage your own personal brand, and domain claim.
With so many package choices, it comes down to what features you want and what you are willing to pay for. Otherwise, you can use it for small meetings with your employees, clients, or email subscribers.
Webex is secure, fast, and rich in features even if you go for the basic free package. If you need to record videos and store them for future reference, you can use the Cloud storage of either 5 to 10 GB. Again, this comes down to personal preferences and needs on your end.
I know it will be useful for anyone who is fairly new to webinars and video conferencing.
Even if you are strapped for cash, at least you’ll take advantage of some fantastic features for absolutely nothing.
If you are looking for streaming software that is suitable for multiple purposes, then Dacast could be exactly what you’re looking for.
This is excellent for those who place an emphasis on streaming live events on Facebook and other platforms that have the capability to host and broadcast live streams.
You are able to broadcast a conference, a church service, a company-wide meeting, and so much more.
This can be used by various industries that want to keep in touch with virtually every single one of their fans, followers, employees, and so on.
If you are someone who does frequent live streams, there is no other program that comes close to DaCast.
One of the things that I know that will always be a plus is the technical support that you’ll receive 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Not only is it nice to have, but it’s also essential when things can go wrong at any time.
Other than that, the features of Dacast are great and I really think you should give this a try before considering any other software for live stream broadcasting.
If you are new to broadcasting live streams, I recommend that this software serves as your starting point.
- Up to 5,000+ GB per month of bandwidth
- Up to 15,000 viewers in one broadcast
- 500GB+ of storage
- White-label branding and control
- Secure delivery
- Live countdown
- 30-minute rewind
- Chapter markers
- Phone support
There are several pricing tiers based on annual, monthly, and per GB. Let’s focus on the annual and monthly:
Starter: $19/month (annually). This package will last you through the year. Even with 100Gb of bandwidth and 20GB of storage, it really isn’t that bad to have even if you are new to broadcasting live streams.
Premium: $125/month (annually) or $165/month (monthly). With more than 6,000 hours and a large number of viewers watching your broadcast, it just might be the best deal out of the whole bunch. At least, that’s what I think.
Enterprise: $289/monthly (annually) or $390/month (monthly). The total package for large businesses and corporations. You can easily broadcast your company-wide meetings be it with clients, employees, or shareholders.
There are other plans that are available that are tailor-made to your needs. Alternatively, you can go for per GB deals if you want. The pricing will differ depending on the amount of bandwidth that you need.
21. Google Hangouts
Google Hangouts is probably the most recognised name in this list.
However, I’ve chosen to put it near the bottom because it doesn’t really have any marketing or automation features needed to follow up and sell prospects further.
Google Hangouts is a really great tool for 1-on-1 meetings and something that I use regularly myself. But for the purposes of selling to a larger audience – it is not the preferred choice.
Hangouts can host up to 30 attendees – you can also stream the webinar directly onto YouTube.
The best thing about it is that it is free and because of this it caters towards every business size. It’s been used in both small, medium and large organisations internally as well as externally for client meetings.
Another nice feature that it has is screen sharing, so if you are demonstrating a product or service on your computer – you can easily share this with attendees.
- Completely free of cost
- Can add the Hangout URL link on a calendar invite
- Browser based
- Can create a webinar in 15 seconds or less
- Easily record and upload webinar to YouTube
- Any speaker can speak during the webinar
- Maximum of 30 people on a chat
22. Zoho Meeting
Finally, we’ll be taking a look at Zoho Meeting.
Zoho Meeting allows you to record, replay, and share your videos with those who may have missed the live broadcast.
The replay videos have also been a staple among those who want more of an automated sales funnel (which most businesses tend to do these days).
You can send emails and RSVPs so you get more attendees to join. Especially when you’re planning on launching a product or service.
As always, there are features where you can engage the audience.
You can answer questions, administer polls, and get the analytics in real-time so you know what’s working and what could improve with your webinars or your complete sales funnel.
- Webinar data reports
- Audience engagement
- Include co-organizers
- Record and replay abilities
- Email feature for reminders and RSVPs
- Remote access
- Chat features
- Live Q&A
- Real-time polling
- No downloads
- Phone audio available
- Mobile app for on the go access
- Calendar sync
Zoho Meeting’s pricing tiers are as follows:
Meeting: $8/month (annually) or $10/month (monthly). You can host 100 participants so you can keep it small scale while being able to control your webinar with ease.
Webinar – 25: $15/month (annually) or $19/month (monthly). If you are just holding webinars for 25 people or less, this will come in handy. Perfect for the smaller startups on a shoestring budget.
Webinar – 50: $23/month (annually) or $29/month (monthly). Need to host 50 people in one webinar? No problem. This will do for those with a growing audience.
Webinar – 100: $31/month (annually) or $39/month (monthly). Most webinars host 100 people. So why not do the same at a reasonable price?
Webinar – 250: $63/month (annually) or $79/month (monthly). If 250 people are interested in what you have to say, what better way to invest in this package? Not to mention, you get plenty of the features that go along with it.
Zoho Meeting has got plenty of features and will work for almost anyone who does regular meetings and webinars online. Every package is reasonably priced and great for those who are searching for the best value for their buck.
You are able to host webinars that can be accessed on desktop or mobile devices like Android or iOs. Either way, your webinars can be easily accessible no matter where your viewers are in the world. If that isn’t convenient enough, it’s hard to tell what is.
What is webinar software?
A webinar is the combination of the two words “web” and “seminar”. It is essentially a video workshop that is hosted online.
This workshop could be in the form of a lecture, meeting or live presentation. Since it is hosted entirely online – your potential audience could be very large.
You can also target a very exclusive set of people through your marketing funnels.
Webinar software is an online tool that allows you to host these webinars and integrate them within your existing marketing funnel.
They help make your webinars more engaging and interactive through features such as polls and Q&As.
The high competition in this space means that webinar software is becoming increasingly customisable.
With certain softwares, you can even add your own branding on the platform. This gives your webinars a personal touch.
There are both paid solutions (such as WebinarJam and Demio) but also free solutions (such as Google Hangout). Typically, with paid solutions there are more integrations with marketing platforms such as MailChimp, allowing you to more easily automate your funnel.
To make a webinar all you need is:
- Good webinar software – we recommend WebinarJam
- A quality microphone (even your computer’s built in microphone should do)
- A specific webinar topic
- Guest speakers with expertise in your chosen webinar topic
- Reliable internet connection
- Engaging content
- A script to read from
- A webcam
These are typically much cheaper than renting out a physical space/location.
What are the benefits of webinars?
Hosting webinars has many advantages over having a physical conference. We will outline a few of those here:
1. Webinars are cheaper than physical events
Since webinars cater to an online audience, we don’t need to pay for the thing such as:
- Renting a room
- Arranging for chairs
- Having staff to manage attendees
- Food and beverages
This means that you could spend that extra budget creating higher quality content or better yet on a robust webinar platform.
For attendees, this means that it is also much less costly for them and much more convenient. They don’t need to pay for food and can watch the webinar from the comfort of their own home/workplace.
The cost typically ranges from $100 – $3,000 – just a fraction of what it would take for a physical conference.
Many webinar softwares such as WebinarJam have free trials so you could always organise your webinar entirely free of cost if you do it within the window.
Webinars are a very good solution of engaging your leads with video at scale and at a low cost.
2. Webinars can reach a large audience
Since webinars are virtual – in theory you can reach an unlimited amount of people with them.
Paired with the high costs of arranging a physical venue, webinars are a great addition to the marketing toolkit of small and medium sized companies.
If you are using webinar software you no longer need to think about arranging for flights for your speakers, paying for the venue, catering costs ect.
That money can instead be spent on higher quality speakers to give your attendees a better experience.
Webinars allow you to target virtually anyone in the world at no logistical cost whatsoever.
3. Webinars are great for lead generation
Statistics from 99Firms state that 20 – 40 % of webinar attendees could turn into qualified leads.
These are generally very high quality since they have already had a glimpse of your product/service.
Good webinar software typically has lead management integrated directly into their platform.
For example, on WebinarJam if there are some attendees who missed your webinar for any reason, you can reach out to them and email them the replay.
These features help you get the most out of your webinar. Some webinar software even have landing page builders which allow you to funnel your website visitors to sign up to your webinar.
4. Webinars allow guest presentations
The value of a conference is typically in the speakers. Most webinar software allows guests to present. This allows you to establish credibility beyond your own brand.
Having guest speakers enriches your presentation and engages your audience. It also provides them a platform.
Since webinars are virtual, it is much easier for guests to agree to an interview or presentation since they do not need to worry about logistical issues.
Industry leaders are likely to have a large professional following and having quality speakers like this can bring a new audience to your product or service.
A great way of getting many high quality speakers is also having a roundtable format where different experts are asked their opinion on a topic.
WebinarJam allows roundtables of up to 6 people as seen below:
5. Webinars are reusable digital assets
Webinars can be used again and again as reusable digital assets across your website as well as on YouTube or on Facebook to promote your product.
You only need to record your webinar once then you can promote it on all your channels.
These webinars can be slotted into any part of your marketing funnel to help convince potential leads to buy on your site.
Webinars typically engage potential leads much more effectively than text content so having a webinar on your main sales page is guaranteed to increase your conversion rate.
Webinar strategies & tips
I’ve gone through some of the benefits of using webinars but beyond just using the tools, we need to understand the strategies to maximise audience engagement with our webinars
1. Webinars should be succinct
Attention is a difficult currency to buy nowadays – most viewers don’t want to stick around for an hour in a webinar. An article from Medium stated that 85% of webinars are under 45 minutes long.
So if you are looking to engage your audience and not bore them – the perfect time is between 30 minutes and 45 minutes.
There is a growing preference for shorter, punchier webinars so be sure to deliver information and value. Not just the sales pitch.
Stray away from a long convoluted speech and instead go for a succinct pitch that mixes informational and sales content.
2. Analyse your audience post webinar
With the technology nowadays, it’s easy to track exactly who your audience is. Facebook has their own pixel, Google has analytics that can be embedded into any website.
One of the most important aspects of marketing is understanding your audience. This way you can deliver targeted content to them. Good webinar software feature analytics and tracking tools such as EasyWebinar.
These allow you to monitor engagement audience engagement and understand who exactly watched the webinar to the end.
When you combine this with tracking pixels on social channels, this allows you to hypertarget your webinars to a very specific audience allowing you to boost conversion rate.
3. Brand your webinars
Statistics shows that consistent presentation of a brand has the potential to increase revenue by 33%.
It is important to select webinar software that allows you to brand the platform appropriately. Solutions such as BigMarker allow you to do this very quickly and easily.
Bigmarker allows you to embed your webinars and videos directly onto your website with your own custom branding. This makes the overall experience more cohesive and enables you to get the most out of your session.
Branding could be about adding the logo to your webinar or inserting a memorable tagline.
It can even be something as simple as having consistent styles (e.g. color scheme) on subsequent webinars.
These elements provide visual cues about your brand that can last even days or weeks after the webinar.
When you re engage those who have watched – they are much more likely to remember you if you have branded your webinar correctly.
4. Run promotions on webinars
64% of customers wait for things to go on sale before making a purchase. So a webinar is a great way to sell a discounted offer on a specific product or service.
One trick that you could do is to use a time on the product that you are trying to promote. This will usually push your audience to buy the product.
WebinarJam does this really well with its active offer feature. This allows you to create custom popups with specific timers and units available.
This scarcity angle encourages your audience to buy the product.
The great thing is that you can use these kinds of webinars in future sales funnels without having to record it again.
It exists as a digital asset that can be reused and repurposed depending on what marketing strategy you are going for.
5. Practice and prepare your presentation beforehand
The best thing you can do to deliver a good presentation is to practice, practice, practice.
It’s important to strike a balance between being too spontaneous and overly rehearsed.
I recommend going through one full run through before delivering the final webinar.
It’s important that you do this with the actual webinar software so that you can catch any technical glitches that are bound to happen.
It’s impossible to prevent all technical issues from happening but you would be wise to choose webinar software that can get you out of a sticky situation in case the tech goes bad.
For example, WebinarJam has a feature called the panic button.
This allows you to restart the room in case there are any technical difficulties. All hosts and attendees will be transferred to a new room seamlessly and without interruption.
This keeps the webinar going and means that you won’t have to worry about the software crashing.
6. Opt for browser based solutions
No one likes downloading unnecessary software to their computer. The more steps and complexity you add, the higher the chance the attendee will leave the webinar.
This is especially true when they are trying to enter the webinar.
In my experience, it’s often best to have webinar software that works on the browser. The reason?
All the attendee has to do is click a URL and the webinar pops up in a new tab/window. If they need to download the software, many things could go wrong – e.g. compatibility issues with their computer or operating system.
It’s best to avoid this problem altogether by having a browser based solution such as the one provided by WebinarJam.
This greatly minimises user confusion as well as technical hiccups.
I’ve reviewed some of the best webinar tools to date.
What I’ve seen is that most of these tools come with a 14 day or 30 day free trial.
This means that you can test the software and see if it is the right fit for you and your company.
Picking the best webinar software is difficult but it often boils down to a few questions:
- What is your budget?
- How many attendees do you expect?
- What is your end goal? (Boosting conversion rate or surveying your users?)
- Do you need the webinars on social channels (Facebook/YouTube?)
- Will you be selling products or services?
I hope that this guide has given you some food for thought and clarity. I’ve tried and tested all these tools out and given my opinion. If you are looking for the best one on my books, look no further than WebinarJam. You can also read our review of WebinarJam.
If you’ve read till the end, you’ve probably seen me mention it multiple times – but for me it really does tick all the boxes and you can’t go wrong with it.
Let me know what webinar software you ended up using in the comments.